Monday, May 31, 2010

Random Bama

Tommy called me Saturday morning. He left me a message, astounded I wasn't approving him for the Pinson home. He was apparently under the mistaken impression it was his to rent. Never mind he was my second choice. Never mind I hadn't spoken with him since Wednesday.

He also innocently mentioned he was surprised by Carolsue suggesting he had been ugly to me. How could that be? He wanted me to know he never spoke unkindly and I was completely mistaken. He was confused as to why I would think such a thing. But most importantly, would I pretty please call him back because he wants to rent my home.

I am reminded of former awful tenant Mr. Smith and the, "It's not my fault" game. Or this particular book, which happens to be one of Buckaroo's favorites.

I was willing to acquiesce and call the guy, after all he is ready and willing to rent. But just to be sure, I played the message for Marty Sunshine. I have been in a funny space this past week, maybe it was just me. Marty listened and said, "Oh that guy is so full of beans." Except he didn't say beans.

__________________________________________________________________

Ms. Kathy called Saturday morning. Her septic has been intermediately backing up for two weeks. Though she knew about this for two weeks, she waited until the Saturday of a three-day weekend to call.

I am thinking it is some sort of affliction that makes tenants wait until the most inopportune time to call for a repair. I know I am not the only one who deals with this.

__________________________________________________________________

Ms. Shirley e-mailed me out of the blue with this link: www.kidsbowlfree.com. Mind you, I haven't spoken with Ms. Shirley since her roof was miraculously fixed--and is still fixed by the way, even after the rains this week.

Nonetheless, it was very sweet of her to think of me. Sadly, no participating lanes in Phoenix though. Bummer. Free bowling is in my budget. Maybe some of you can use this.

2 comments:

Lori said...

oh, you *know* you are not the only one to deal with that "most inopportune time" issue. ;^)

actually, now that you mention it, i cannot BELIEVE it's memorial day weekend and i didn't get a call at 4:30 friday about a busted pipe or broken A.C...

re: "but he didn't say beans" ... i would rather have someone who admitted they lost their temper than a liar and deliberate deceiver.

i have had luck in the past with being very quiet, calm, and direct with a yeller and saying "this is unacceptable. you may not speak to me this way. you can never do this again." i've had hotheads who backed down immediately (bully syndrome?) and were easy as pie after that. but a liar who denies they lied? they'll probably never change. and they'd make a bean-y renter. :D

Ernie said...

VERY well said Lori!!