Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Bama

The Waterford home is fixed, with the only repair necessary being the ceiling. And, I can pleasantly thank Mr. 114 for his efforts. He came significantly under bid from the person Kirby was planning on using. There is a lot to be said for having my own team in place. Hopefully, now that Mr. 114 and Kirby have met, they can work together again on other properties Kirby happens to manage.

Incidentally, the tenants are pleased at how this was handled. They asked to extend their lease--which expires in November. Below are the "before" pictures of the water leak. It doesn't look too bad. I don't think anyone will be screaming toxic mold.

And a last bit of good news about my Waterford home. Kirby ran comps on this house for me a couple of weeks ago. I am not upside down! This was one of the ones I was most concerned about.





_____________________________________________________

Note to tenants: if you owe me money, don't post where you work on Linked In. Better yet, please do! It makes me easier to keep an eye on you.
______________________________________________________

Ms. Angie called. She has another water leak. And no job. However, her rent check showed up early. I appreciate that. She is also diligently looking for employment. At the moment she has no intentions of moving. I appreciate that too.
______________________________________________________

It appears I have a happy problem: I have a lot of interest in my home in Pinson. I have one application, and a promise for a second one tomorrow. The person I really liked on the phone also called and asked me for an application, but didn't give me her e-mail address. Maybe applicant number three? Additionally, Carolsue tells me there is a fourth person she loves more than the other three and swears I will too.

I really like happy problems.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

I would say that I hate to say "I told you so", but we both know that would be a lie. I told you that house would be a snap to rent!! Great house and great location!