Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Today's Therapy

There has been a lot of condemnation in my world of late. I don't really have much room for it, as I find when I get on my high-horse, I just slip off the back into whatever I might find in the ground behind Old Paint. As annoyed as I am with Mrs. C.,--and trust me, I am not pleased--I am having some trouble mustering up the energy to be totally pissed.

With a little self control, I have made it through the five stages of grieving in twenty-four hours. And, I even did it without vegging out in front of a baseball game. I am pleased to say I managed to get through anger with a considerable amount of work. Now, I have thankfully made a bee-line for acceptance. Hopefully I will stay there.

But I am not promising anything, especially after I found out Tuesday night the reason for their "sudden" move. They bought a home--which was another sucker punch I did not need. And yes, it seems they could have found time to let me know sooner than later--but I am really working on keeping my mindset in acceptance. Work with me here, it keeps me from jetting back into anger (though I can't say, as I write this, I am doing a good job of hanging out in acceptance).

The Cs, have left me in a bit of a financial bind. I am slightly panicked, because this was not the house I was expecting to be vacant this summer. I am practicing taking the anger and condemnation I am feeling for them leaving with NO notice and channeling it into more productive pursuits.

The rumor going around is the house is in good condition with some necessary adjustments needed to the back lawn. Carolsue will be holding the house open this weekend, in hopes of finding a future renter. I am looking at long-term solutions for this property. It doesn't look like I will be able to sell for much more than I bought it for, but it is a home in a good school district. The house is as cute as can be. Anything can be rentable.

I have no idea what the future holds for me renting this house. But I would rather go forward with hope than frustration.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good meditation on control and response! I really liked the last line.

Lori said...

At least you aren't friends with her on facebook! haha