Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tenant Training

I am pleased to say I have trained Ms. Kathy. After months of cajoling and threats from Carolsue, Ms. Kathy is paying on time.

She is so pleased at her accomplishments, for the past several months, Ms. Kathy texts me at some horrid hour to tell me she has slapped a stamp on the envelope and is sending it my way. Apparently she is looking for attaboys for her competence

I have to tell you, never in my life has Countrywide called me, pleased as punch that they received my mortgage payment on time. I don't get special dispensation from Chase Mortgage because they got their money. In fact, last I checked, it was my legal obligation to adhere to my end of the bargain.

However, last Tuesday--while I was recovering from my sucker punch--I realized Ms. Kathy hadn't texted me. Already in a bad space, I started to fret. I left messages for Ms. Kathy but didn't get a response. Oh no, I thought. Not now. Not after Mrs. C.

Marty banned me from checking my frequent flyer stash. Carolsue made some sort of mumbly comment--ending with the phrase, "bless your heart"--about how she didn't want to see my face next week on her side of the Mississippi and everything would work out ok. Between the stuff I can't write about, my new vacant home, the Sherwoods and my imagination running wild with Ms. Kathy, I was hyperventilating.

But I shouldn't have fretted too much. Wednesday at a reasonable hour I got an e-mail telling me Ms. Kathy's cell phone wasn't working. She wanted me to know she sent her rent check on time. She would be buying a new cell phone later, when it fit in the budget. For now rent would be arriving on time.

Sigh... and yes, I gave her an attaboy.

No comments: