Tuesday, June 01, 2010

They Have Been Married 27 Years

I just wasn't up to dealing with the Sherwoods last week. So, I delegated to Marty Sunshine. Dutifully, he called Mr. Sherwood. Mr. Sherwood apparently had no idea when the rent was coming. According to him, this was Mrs. Sherwood's area of expertise. He was going to talk with Mrs. Sherwood about it.

He didn't say he would get back in touch. From what I understand, he was marginally more civilized to Marty Sunshine than he had been to me last month.

On Thursday Mrs. Sherwood called me. She offered up the rent. We had a frank talk, with me telling her last month Mr. Sherwood had abused every courtesy I had extended and I was in the process of starting the eviction. That got her attention. I also explained that the rent pays the mortgage. And, I was in ill-humor about favors. My good nature had been taxed enough by five minutes with her husband.

"I may kill him," she muttered. I believe she meant it.

She said a lot of other things too--very much consistant with the Mrs. Sherwood who has rented my home for the past two and a half years. The very same Mrs. Sherwood I really adore.

In the course of our chat, Mrs. Sherwood offered two things: first, she would (and did) deposit the rent into my bank account. Second, she left me with this gem: "I'm not moving," she said, "And you don't have to deal with him ever again."

1 comment:

Lori said...

l o l

that is awesome. good on mrs. s!