Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Bama

Sometimes the weirdness just gets to me. I shake my head and say, "Why?". Sometimes I think, "Yea, I got a best seller in here somewhere."

________________________________________________________

I have a home on Hysteria Lane that is vacant and not available to rent because the current lease is being honored. However, I don't want a vacant home. I want the tenant gone.

Bizarrely, I have had three interested parties in this place. The cousin of a former tenant of mine is the latest to throw her hat into the ring for the non-house. She likes. She wants. Even though it isn't available. She is willing to wait a spell--though I don't know how long "a spell" happens to be.

Sadly, I can't seem to convince anyone to rent Artie and Candy's home instead. Which, by the way, is just as cute.
________________________________________________________

I called Harold today--the tenant who lives in the house Jack and I own. I gave him an earful: where is the rent? And did he know it is in bad form to pay his first month late.

It turns out his rent due date is the first of the month, not the 15th. And yes, I wrote the lease.

And yes, I called back and apologized right after I pulled my flip flop out of my mouth.
________________________________________________________

Mr. Noble sent me an e-mail dated 7:17 a.m. on Saturday. He didn't want to bother me because he realizes it is two hours earlier where I am... but there is a gas leak. He checked on the Internet and did some research and decided he didn't have the necessary tools to fix the gas leak. And, could I please call him at a time most convenient for me to discuss. During the week was fine.

Note to Mr. Noble, a gas leak warrants a call at 7:17 a.m. on a Saturday morning. This can be considered an "emergency." At least in my book.

At any rate, when I did get the e-mail (hours later) and call him back, he was surprised I worked on the weekend.

Mr. Noble is never allowed to move.

No comments: