Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Totally Wonderful Mr. 114

I sent Mr. 114 to the house on Hysteria Lane to please look over the yard. If it wasn't going to cost me a small fortune, could he please hack at it for a while and see if he could make the home look presentable.

Granted, I had no idea what he was in for. Last I heard, the front yard wasn't too bad (because Brandy, the next door neighbor, had mowed it at some point). However, I had the distinct impression--provided to me from Brandy--the back yard was a Savannah, housing everything from zebras to wildebeests. Apparently I wasn't far off.

Mr. 114 arrived and called. The front was a minor disaster. However, he found a decaying water buffalo caucus in the back, with lion tracks nearby. Did I want him to proceed? Yes. And I hoped his life insurance covered lion attacks.

All silliness aside, my greatest fear was that there were rats congregating nearby, making their home in this backyard. In Alabama, apparently this is a common problem with overgrown yards.

Thursday night Mr. 114 e-mailed me the following:

I did get the Calera house mowed and all cleaned up today. We edged, weedeated it and mowed it twice. I also walked around and picked up trash and some broken chairs. I killed 3 large wasp nests as well.

One problem. The trash can is sitting by the street. It is full of mud!! Honestly, about 400 lbs of it!! It cant be moved until someone lays it over, shovels the mud out and then hoses it out. It would be nice if the renter would do it. If not, I will.


The cost for all this: $45.

4 comments:

Ernie said...

I would hope that Kirby is adding the cost of all of this to the tenants rent?? Seriously, just because someone pays their rent every month does not preclude them from normal maintenance! This tenant is getting on my last nerve with her "as long as I pay the rent i don't have to abide by any of the other covenants of my legally binding contract. Where do people get off thinking that as long as they pay their rent they can allow YOUR property to rot and fall apart which is exactly what will happen if the utilities are off during our summers and if the yard is allowed to remain overgrown and the rats step in and take over your house. Down here due to our high humidity if that house doesn't receive the proper ventilation and temperature control, mold will thrive and the wood will rot and your house will be uninhabitable within a span of months. I have seen it happen before. And what's up with the mud thing?? Dear Lord, this woman needs to be kicked out on her lazy self entitled butt! Sorry about the tirade but I know what an awesome landlord you are and I know how well you keep your properties and for someone to do this just infuriates me to no end!

Fiona D. said...

Thanks for pointing that out: Yes. Mr. 114's expenses will be covered by the tenant.

And, thank you for the kind words about my awesomeness. :-)

Lori said...

what a deal!

BusyMommy said...

Not too bad. Plus you're funny. :)