Monday, June 21, 2010

I Live For This

At the risk of jinxing everything, I must tell you, I am enjoying the mundane peace.

Yes, there are things happening. I have no resolution from the tenant on Hysteria Lane who moved out but still pays. Currently there is a broken air conditioner at one home. Artie and Candy are moving. And there are a few here and there repairs that have come to the forefront. It is almost like every tenant waited until this past week to call me with some broken widget. My plumber and I have been chatting more in the past week than we had been in the past six months.

But it seems that the above is so minimal compared to horror stories of tenants past. I have nothing to write about. Last week I wrote a blog about paying bills. I wrote another about Baseball Guy and I texting about who was better: Todd Helton or Albert Pujols. Sorry Albert. Todd is my guy. And on Friday I had an e-mail conversation with Legal Eagle that went on sporadically for several hours. Our chat encompassed everything from Facebook to the fact Aruban law doesn't allow for plea bargaining. None of this warrants a blog (well, maybe Todd Helton).

Though dull, I am enjoying the quiet. It gives me time to think and regroup. Diamond Jim and I are meeting soon to discuss a few housekeeping things. I can plan and evaluate. When I am swimming in the sea of chaos, I don't have time to look forward. And this is something I have wanted desperately to tackle lately.

I have a plan I am working on. Now that things are relatively peaceful, I have some time to implement part one. It has been a long-time coming. This is why I like having an accidental business. When I am done with the chores, it is time to play and dream.

No comments: