Sunday, May 24, 2009

Warning

*** Today's Post Has Nothing to do With Starting an Accidental Business in Alabama ***

Now that you have been warned, if you don't feel like reading along today, I certainly understand.

I have gotten several questions in the past few months about the pseudonyms on my site. As most of you know, my name isn't Fiona Dragon.

Fiona Dragon is a fictional character I made up to help teach my overly sensitive and highly-spirited daughter to read. As she wasn't willing to put any effort into reading for me, Fiona--grumpy and bumbling--would show up once in a while and threaten to eat Polly for breakfast if she didn't read something. Anything.

My daughter loved the concept. It stuck and evolved into its own shtick, with other characters such as Frieda Fussy, Bossy the Cow and Nosy Nelly showing up once in a while to tutor my daughter (and now my son) in a variety of subjects.

Now that I write about things legal and sometimes disturbing, it serves me well to keep the pseudonyms going.

No comments: