Saturday, May 30, 2009

To Stay or Not To Stay? That is the Question

At 5:36 A.M. Friday my phone rang with a text message. In the only coherent note I have ever received from Mrs. Martin, she asked for an extension to her move out date to June 5. Why? Because it was the last day of school.

Isn't the real question will she leave June 5 if I grant her the extension? Good grief! Why does she need to celebrate her child's last day of school in the same home? Is she going to feel the need to celebrate Arbor Day or Boxing Day there too?

I really feel like I should be deeply offended she even asked. But right now I can't seem to muster up the gall. I am settling for pretty annoyed. But as Marty Sunshine pointed out, June 5 is a lot sooner than waiting for the courts to do their magic.

The way I figure it, I could say no and Mrs. Martin would stay anyway. After all, I can't physically go over and remove her--even if I was there. I could say yes and she would still stay. I have no assurances she will actually leave on June 5--a Friday, a work day.

Legal Eagle said: "Let her stay, build a little good will and hopefully she won’t quit her job so we can garnish her!"

Instead, I went to Mrs. Martin with this: "I am coming in town. When I show up, there better be a clean, empty home."

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Now we really don't want it to be too clean do we???? You trying to put me out of a job???