Tuesday, May 26, 2009

They Can Run, But They Can't Hide

It really isn't fair to say I seek revenge on those who take advantage of my good nature. It is probably much closer to accurate to say I don't forget when I am wronged. Last year one of my tenants left me a huge mess and a owed me a lot of money. Of course, she preferred to disappear, figuring I would do the same.

Instead, attorney Mr. D. has been holding on to her file. At first he couldn't find her, and told me he would revisit this when I could give him something more concrete. You may translate that to: when I found her. No worries. I was up for the challenge. I have been biding my time, waiting patiently for her to show up.

Once in a while I would hit Facebook and Twitter and see if she had a profile. I knew she had one on Linkedin, but it hadn't been updated. I also checked the church she went to, seeing if she ever got a nod in the bulletin. She did on occasion. But no phone number or other information was ever posted.

As she owes me a significant amount of money, this lurking has been worth it. The other day I googled her name to find out she got married last December. She also graciously updated her Linkedin account. I know where she lives and I know where she works.

Mr. D. has been apprised of her new status. I am giving him a chance to garnish her wages. If he doesn't want the job, I am sure Legal Eagle will be happy to do so. Either way, I will get my money.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always amazed when I hear stories about people who think they can disappear in this day and age...

ernie said...

Married?? Not (again) to the "lab rat" I'm assuming.

Anonymous said...

I saw a story on the news about a New Zealand couple who were approved for a 6000 overdraft account at a bank. The bank made a mistake and added 3 zeros to their account. The couple withdrew like 2 million and took off. This part is fuzzy but I think the woman is updating her facebook page. Cops are on their tail in China now.

~Bliz

BusyMommy said...

Well, that sounds like kinda good news to me.

Ernie said...

CHINA? Who in their right minds would flee to China? I hear New Zealand is a cornucopia of fugitives since they don't extradite - AND they speak English there. Albeit the Queens English but still English.

Lori said...

sweet