Monday, May 18, 2009

Teaching an Old Southern Man New Tricks

I firmly believe Mr. Richards is trainable. I am not sure exactly why I optimistically grasp to this ray of sunshine. Perhaps I just want him to be. Or, maybe because he has caught on little by little. For whatever reason, he still registers as a flake on my radar. Even after all these years.

Mr. Richards is on a payment plan that he has somewhat followed. He sent me enough money to keep him firmly situated in his home for a bit longer. However, he missed his next payment. More importantly, he neglected to call. I called him, telling him I really hated assuming the worst, but had no other idea what to think--unless of course he called me back.

To his credit, he called an hour later. He explained he was in no hurry to leave, and perhaps he could have made things a bit easier if he had called me last week when he knew he would be falling short.

Apparently Junior at some fried chicken and an errant bone stabbed his mouth with enough damage to require stitches. Mr. Richards needed the money he was sending me for Junior. Had he called me and just said that, he would have missed out on my pissy voice mail. I am starting to think he likes being yelled at. Or he is used to it.

Because Mr. Richards is almost caught up, he has a repreive for a few days. The remainder of his money should be here (according to his time schedule) by Tuesday or Wednesday. That is about par. I think he is good for it (but Legal Eagle is on notice).

But why do I think he can be trained? Because he promised me when he sent out this next check he wouldn't send it signature required.

No comments: