Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Post Office Box

The Post Office called today. In their one true gesture of customer service, they wanted to let me know that I wrote the check for the wrong amount. It should have been for $56. I wrote it for $638.38.

I have no idea why I wrote the wrong amount and am truly grateful they caught my mistake. Anyway, they called to tell me it was the wrong amount and did I want them to cash the check or did I want to go ahead and write another check to them?

Seriously, they asked if I wanted them to cash my check!

Meanwhile, the PO Box is locked and I do not have access to it until this is straightened out. Then, it will take another couple of days for the locksmith to put my old lock back on the box.

Ironically, now I have to stand in line for an hour to get it unlocked and this situation resolved. Somewhere Mr. Richards has a magic mirror, is watching this, and laughing hysterically.

4 comments:

Joy N. said...

I'm am so glad there was an honest person on the receiving end of your check!

Ernie said...

638 - 56. I can see the similarity. Sure. So, is there someone out there looking at a check for $56 wondering why it isn't for $638??

Fiona D. said...

Nope. Nobody is missing money. I just wrote the wrong amount on the check. I don't normally pay the bills. That is a job for Bliz. Now you know why.

Ernie said...

All I can say is....good thing you're pretty.