Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Those Who Don't Study History...

For those of you who took part in yesterday's quiz, if you answered that I would keep Mrs. Martin's money and play again next month, you would be mistaken. And, no. It wasn't a trick question. As experience is the best teacher, it would make sense that you would naturally assume this would be the outcome.

However, experience is the best teacher which is why I won't (hypothetically) accept her payment any more.

Of course, Mrs. Martin hasn't sent a payment in. Nor have I heard from her since her promise to pay. That doesn't mean Mrs. Martin doesn't think she and I are gold. It means 1) Mr. H. hasn't served her yet (because nothing ever happens on time...yada yada) or 2) Mrs. Martin knows the gig is up.

I would like to believe Legal Eagle's attached letter to her termination notice convinced her I was serious. I will pursue legal damages if the house is trashed. I will garnish her wages. I would like to believe she will just leave. But, experience is a nasty teacher at times.

Experience also tells me this house is in a highly desirable school district (Pinson Schools--for those who know the area). People move in the summer. Getting her out now is ideal. Currently there is a shortage of rental homes in Birmingham. If Legal Eagle has sufficiently scared her into leaving, now is the prime opportunity for me.

Marty Sunshine and I own two properties without partners. We have one hundred percent of the risk and reward. One of these homes will be the vacant one I have coming up at the end of the month. The other belongs to Mrs. Martin. No, this is not ideal financially. In fact, I suspect I might have a lot of upcoming blog-therapy in my future. But, experience tells me it will all work out in the end.