Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Red Came Through

Well finally! Mrs. Martin and I agree on something--she needs to leave.

Apparently she jumped to this conclusion today when Red showed up on her door and handed her an eviction notice. Mrs. Martin did the only thing she ever does in these situations, she contacts me.

Today, however, she was a wee bit indignant that I was not "following through" on my end of our bargain, therefore she announced she will be out by May 31. This was news to me because I had no idea we had a "bargain." And, in the event we might have one, it would look like this: I let her live in my home, she pays me rent to live in said home.

At any rate, Mrs. Martin is now leaving. That is quite all right with me.

In her e-mail, Mrs. Martin did address the amount of money Legal Eagle says I am owed. Apparently Mrs. Martin did not add up the rents owed, late fees, legal fees and Red's processing fees. I didn't break down the numbers for her. She wouldn't like it anyway.

I did tell her to direct all future correspondence to my attorney. That actually sounds much scarier than it really is. All Legal Eagle will do is call me and say, "Guess what? You gotta hear this."

Legal Eagle is still filing an eviction against her. That will be the first step in the wage garnishment game--which I suspect Mrs. Martin is not fully aware is coming. It isn't that she wasn't warned it was happening. Legal Eagle explained it all in her letter: move out by the 15th or pay another month's rent, wages will be garnished and if there is any damage to the property I will prosecute.

Even though I think Mrs. Martin is in serious denial, I certainly hope Mrs. Martin is coherent enough to make sure the place is cleaned up. Because I am going to add the cost of Carolsue going in there there and taking her junk to the curb to her final bill.

1 comment:

BusyMommy said...

Ya, pretty sure she doesn't see much coming...