Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tenant Screening

I am back to looking for a tenant for the Martin home. This sure beats the last month of Heaven knows what screening the former property management company was doing.

Monday morning, Tiffy called at 5:45 a.m., asking me to please call her back immedately. She was "very interested."

Between the time she left her message and I called her back, I had put a lot hope into Tiffy. She put a complete sentence together. Her vocal intonation suggested she was employed. And clean. And like she didn't have rottweilers. Or king cobras. In my world, she had already moved in, paid rent and was quite happy.

When I called her back, her cell phone was disconnected. Carolsue also tried her. Yep, she didn't pay the cell bill.

I also got an application from a minor local pastor-celebrity type who wanted to rent my home. He has his own utube evangelical following. Though I was somewhat impressed, according to Carolsue, most big-time pastors in the Bible Belt have their own utube following.

This particular pastor forgot to fill out some critical segments of my application. He also allegedly spent time in jail, has filed bankruptcy had car repossessions AND his Web site brags about his get out of debt ministry.

I think I will pass.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Sounds like Tiffy could use the good reverends help in keeping her cell phone connected?