Friday, September 04, 2009

The Greatest Tenants On Earth

I am really not all that downhearted about the greatest tenants on Earth who walked into my voicemail this past week. They didn't want to wait until Sunday's open house to see my home on Martin. They were professional, articulate and passed my basic communication screening. So, Carolsue acquiesced, stopped what she was doing (which was working at the 508 house) and met these folks at Martin to show them my fabulous home.

They in turn, mentally placed their furniture in the home and figured out where the Christmas tree needed to go. They then high-tailed it to the nearest library to print out my application and fax it to me. From the time they called me to the time I got their application was less than 2 hours.

Because of their situation, they asked to pay five months in advance. Although this sounds like a gift, it isn't always. It means I am stuck with them for five months. They also asked if I could clean the place before move in. When I asked what "clean" the place meant, Mrs. Greatest Tenant On Earth said there was drink cup in the garage and a "couple" dead bugs in the bathroom. She said that was all the cleaning that house needed.

When all was said and done, I had run their credit/background/eviction and sent them a lease before lunch. They acknowledged the received the lease and promised to fax it on back. We had also set up with Legal Eagle for her to hang on to their deposits and rent until move-in. We were set.

That was three days ago and I haven't seen the lease. They aren't returning calls. I am through. And I am ok moving on. My phone is ringing. E-mails are coming my way. And if the Greatesst Tenants on Earth are this flaky now, let them pass. I will be happier in the long run.

No comments: