Monday, September 21, 2009

I Might Have To Ask Her to Stay Back 50 Feet

I think I have a stalker.

Two October's ago, I had a vacant home. A woman named Cordillia called me wanting to rent it. She said all the right things. I sent her a lease, all was set. She then disappeared without even an, "I am sorry, I changed my mind" phone call.

Last October, when Wayward's home came available, she called me again. She called excessively, demanding to see Wayward's home, bugging me and Carolsue to no end. Then, didn't rent the house.

I didn't remember her right away. But when I was looking over rental applications for the aforementioned home, everything clicked. There can't be that many people in Birmingham with the name of "Cordillia" and her last name.

Heaven help me! She is back again. Yesterday, I got a vocie mail from Cordillia asking about my house for rent on Martin and for me to please call her back. NOW! I then checked my missed calls to see she has called six times in the past 24 hours.

As she has already failed my basic prescreening process--proving she is a flake and has inappropriate interpersonal skills, I don't feel the least bit bad not returning her calls. Besides, even if I did rent to her, a year from now, she would be looking for another place to live.

No comments: