Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Equivelant of an Ice Pack and Two Tylenol

I already think my new property management company was a blessing from above. How else can one possibly explain the random phone call two hours after I fired the abomination of a property management company? I have to tell you, I am not one for random occurrences. Including this.

Last week, I put the bankruptcy home into property management. However, because technology hates me and I cannot fax or scan at this particular moment, Kirby hadn't received my agreement yet. All he had was my word that it was going to happen.

So what did Kirby do? He went over to the house, changed the locks and put a sign in the yard anyway. Though that may not seem like much, the expectations bar was pretty low after that last company. So, someone actually going this far out of their way with the promise of a written agreement is pretty spectacular.

The bankruptcy people left the house in fantastic condition. Even the floors were swept! Kirby is recommending I paint the interior and clean the carpets. I am willing to take care of the carpets right away. If I can't get the house rented, I will then look at painting. The colors are neutral, but I can see how they aren't for everyone.

Last I heard, Kirby was getting calls and I am feeling much better about this particular vacant home.

No comments: