Sunday, September 06, 2009

A Few Good Quotes

One of my basic rules in life is that I don't beg people to take my money. So, you can imagine how frustrating this can be when I can't even get one decent quote from an air conditioning company, let alone the two quotes insurance is requiring.

So far, I have received three.

Quote 1. They quoted me a number and then in parentheses spelled out a complely different number. "This will cost $50 (Forty six dollars)." I can't submit this to the insurance company as I don't want them to pay $46 if it really is $50 I have to shell out.

Quote 2. The company sent me a quote that read:

Option 1: $50
Option 2: $100


There was no explanation as to why the difference.

Quote 3: $10,000,000.

3 comments:

Ernie said...

I'd send them to the adjuster and let him figure it out. He asked for quotes and you got 'em.

Lori said...

the problem with sending all 3 quotes is, insurance adjusters seem to average quotes by taking the smallest number -5%. ;^)

btdt again!

xoxo

Ernie said...

True. However, everything is negotiable. Especially when it comes to insurance payouts.