Thursday, October 01, 2009

Still Trying Not to Sue on Principal

We are still in the "trying to settle out of court" phase of my Mrs. Martin drama. I haven't had the nerve to ask, but I am guessing Legal Eagle is sick of the whole thing.

All I really want to know is if and when I am buying my tickets to Birmingham. As this was Mrs. Martin's idea to settle, I am not sure what the hold-up is. My theory is Mrs. Martin will get around to cooperating about 20 minutes after I book my tickets. As I was planning a trip sometime soon anyway to check things out, a court date is a good enough reason as any to head over there.

All in all, Mrs. Martin has admitted she owes. I am hearing she doesn't want to go to court. I have already told Legal Eagle my bottom line--which happens to be close to Mrs. Martin's bottom line. Right now it is just up to Mrs. Martin to agree.

All I really want: two month's rent and the cost of the eviction Legal Eagle did for a song. And more importantly, I just want to end the madness so I can move on!

No comments: