Saturday, October 24, 2009

Observation

After dealing with Mrs. Martin's court issue, another water leak at Ms. Angie's home and an icky illness this month, I am ready for just about anything. That even includes another barrage of potential tenants for the Leeds property.

And, just as I was psyching up for the stereotypical inane calls, "Will y'all allow me to add a basement to this home?" and "When you say you don't allow pit bulls, does that mean you won't allow my four pit bulls?", the phone rings with future tenants who either were raised right or have been taking notes from my blog. I got three calls on Friday that started like this, "Good afternoon. My name is Perfect Petunia. I saw you had a home for rent in Leeds? Would I be able to see it this weekend? If not, when would be a good time to schedule a showing?"

I find it interesting the number of people coming out of the woodwork this late in the month looking for a place to live. Generally I see more people looking to move the second and third weekends of the month. However, maybe it is because it is Leeds where things are a bit more um... relaxed, or maybe because there are five weekends in October, for whatever reason potential tenants are showing up now.

At least they are being civilized about it.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

ANOTHER LEAK?? Is there anything left that hasn't been replaced to leak over there?? Sometimes I think plumbers are like mechanics. They fix one thing and break something else so you will have to call them again. Keeps them in business.