Thursday, October 08, 2009

Career Change

I have run Matt out of the handyman business.

When Matt randomly called me in August, he offered to take care of the handyman stuff for me at the Waterford home. It needed the carpets cleaned, some holes patched and a coat of paint. It also needed a door, and Matt wisely told me the door replacement wasn't something he wanted to tackle.

When Matt gave me the quote on painting and misclaneous clean-up, it was on the amazing side of reasonable. He also told me he would have everything done in four days.

That's when I knew the truth. Matt had no idea what he was doing.

When I talked to Matt earlier this week, he told me he is almost done painting (two weeks after he started). And, he is absolutely complete with the handyman phase of his life. Between painting the Waterford home and neighbor women hounding him at the Bankrputcy home, he is ready to go back to being an investment banker.

Matt and I are parting friends. In fact, I have already thrown a loan referral his way.

No comments: