Friday, October 30, 2009

Leeds Update

It is too bad I already used "Hope Springs Eternal" as a title for a blog posting. Because that is really what this one should be named.

Thursday morning, Carolsue graciously waited until 8 a.m. to call me with news. Mr. Spring called her. They have changed their minds. Living in an 800 square foot trailer by the lake with an hour commute (each way) into Birmingham was just not going to work for Mrs. Spring any more. They wanted the house. Or at lease Mrs. Spring wants the house and talked Mr. Spring is going along with it because he doesn't want to hear about it for the rest of his life.

Of course, the only caveat they had was they wanted a rent reduction. I was prepared for that. Though I dislike this game before the application is filled out, in this case, it has already been put on the table by my side. And, I had already planned on reducing the rent anyway. Last week, I figured if I didn't find a tenant by the end of October, I would have to lower the rent anyway.

Mrs. Spring is supposed to fax me the application today. Of course, I won't stop advertising the home until after she has signed the lease and given Legal Eagle a deposit to hold the home. Until then, the home is up for grabs.

No comments: