Friday, October 16, 2009

Victory

Great news! Mrs. Martin agreed to settle for more than I bargained for. It is a good thing too. I am currently suffering from a post-flu apocalyptic sinus infection and there was no way the TSA was going to tolerate a middle-aged cranky woman with a mind-blowing an earache at 40,000 feet

Before I got Legal Eagle's news, I told her if I had to get on that plane with my sinus infection because Mrs. Martin didn't settle, I was asking the judge for everything--including some things I haven't though of just yet. So, Legal had until my plane took off to make it happen. With the efficiency that comes with an unfathomable hourly rate, Legal Eagle swooped down and saved the day.

Though I have a bunch of chores over there, I wasn't up to spending a week away from my family. With nothing terribly pressing, the paperwork I need to take care of can be handled via phone, mail or Carolsue. I won't get to meet Kirby or see Mr. and Mrs. Jack. I won't get to visit with Carolsue. And, I won't be able to accept an overdue church invitation from one of my former tenants.

But, I will be here where the temperature is set to be 100 degrees Saturday. I will be sharing my victory with my family.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Although I am sorely disappointed that I won't get to see you (and my book) in person, I am happy that you settled!! I had the fire pit cleaned out and ready to go for us! Oh well, next time!!