Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just a Day in the Life

Well, it turns out I have a breaking point. And Friday I reached it. Before 8 a.m. Carolsue called and left an untimely message that the air conditioner at the 508 home had been stolen. Though I like to think of myself as a rational person, let's face it, a girl can only handle so much.

Marty stepped up, took care of the majority of this issue with some guidance from me on what to do. Call the insurance company. Do this, do that... the usual. My only contributions was an quick e-mail to the insurance company that said: "Call Marty." Carolsue called the police.

Marty also contacted Mr. Partner. At this particular moment, I don't particularly know or care what Mr. Partner thinks. And I am good with that.

There is a small amount of pleasure in knowing the thieves took a non-working air conditioner, but that is minuscule compared to the PIA factor that will follow.

I am off the clock this weekend. I am tired. Dear tenants: If anyone needs anything in the next 48 hours, call Marty.

3 comments:

Ernie said...

You need a weekend filled with the enormously important "3 R's"
Rest
Relaxation
Rejuvenation

Anonymous said...

And don't forget Blizzards!!! :-) Bliz

Fiona D. said...

I will settle for NO more phone calls about Angie's (now working) non-working stove. There's a few hours I can't get back.

And, I did find an ice cream sandwitch.