Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And it is Only Tuesday

Recently I have come to the conclusion I am treading water in the Sea of Incompetence.

For example, we are trying to get the power turned on at the 508 home to start the repairs (finally!). However, the power company is refusing to do so because we have an outstanding bill. This was the first we heard of this. In fact, had the power company sent the bill, Bliz would have paid it with a smile. But they didn't.

The plumbing episode speaks for itself, though when I follow up with them I am sure I can add my two cents' worth. I am pleased to hear the first guy out there who missed the waterfall had what was coming to him. It gives me hope.

Then there is Howie the Hack. 'Nuff said.

My latest bout of stupidity is also with Mr. Richards' former home. The downstairs shower is not usable at this time. The home is 30 years old and the drain pan is leaking. In order to get to the drain pan, it requires ripping apart the shower tile, replacing the drain pan and then putting in new tile. The plumber doesn't handle this, so I found Flip. Apparently he specializes in replacing shower drain pans and all the subsequent tile work involved.

Flip was kind enough to head over to the house, use the lock box to get himself in, and give me an outrageous quote. Instead of putting the key back into the lock box, he left the key on the counter and locked the door on his way back out.

At least he had the decency to call to see if I found this to be a problem. Um... yes. Yes it is. I have appliances scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I have rescheduled them twice because of the water leak. And, it doesn't really show Flip in the best light.

At this moment, I can't get a second opinion to see how far off Flip's quote happens to be because the keys are inside the house. The appliances still aren't delivered because the keys are inside the house. And, I can't let Angie move in because the keys are inside the house.

Though this will be remedied, it shouldn't have happened. And, it is one more hole in the life raft in the Sea of of Incompetence.

No comments: