Monday, August 17, 2009

Guilt Trip

I got a fax on Saturday from someone who had heard of me. He sent me my application--filled out--with a note telling me he has a lease-purchase agreement with his landlord. However, his landlord's home (which this guy is living in) will be foreclosed upon Friday.

He was asking me to buy this home. And, he added this caveat: "You are my last hope."

Because I got this note less than a week before the foreclosure auction, there is no way I can evaluate this. I don't know what he is paying for rent, how much the home is worth or the nature of his agreement. And, because this is happening days from now, there probably isn't time for anyone else to help him either.

Sadly, he didn't leave me an e-mail address, so I guess I will be calling him to give him the bad news. He is moving.

No comments: