Thursday, July 09, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Ms. Betty e-mailed me on Wednesday. Apparently she has decided the electric bill takes precedence and is mailing her rent check later this month. I didn't really have a quasi-polite response to this, so I didn't write her back.

No matter, Carolsue will slap an eviction notice on her door in a few days. With Ms. Betty volunteering she is going to be late, why not start the process now? That way, if she really does come through at the end of the month, I can just stop the eviction. If she doesn't, I will be that much farther ahead of the game.

Somehow, sensing my displeasure at her first e-mail, Ms. Betty sent me a second e-mail moments later (which I also didn't respond to). It said:

"In Sept when get out of bankrupt we r going to be looking for another place to go."
I am not sure if this was a threat or a promise. In either case, I consider this great news. Let her go bug some other unsuspecting landlord for a while.

4 comments:

Lori said...

i think she's trying to regain "hand".

i'm getting depressed about my inability to hold a conversation without referencing seinfeld.

Ernie said...

She wanted you to BEG her not to go!! "No, no Ms. Betty!! You can't move!! What would I do??? Please stay!! I'll do anything if you just won't leave!!!" (insert racking sobs here).

Fiona D. said...

Instead, I am ready to wave my magic landlord wand and show up with moving boxes.

Ernie said...

I love magic landlord wands!