Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Let the Garnishment Begin

The aliens apparently beamed Mr. Richards back to the mothership about two weeks ago. This is according to Red, who heard it from the neighbor. The neighbor happened to be awake at 2 a.m. when Mr. Richards skulked over, packed up a truck and headed out to places unknown.

According to Red, he left behind a great deal of his possessions. So, Carolsue will have a delightful time holding a yard sale or subcontracting Billy (the Martin home's next door neighbor) to haul everything to the dump.

There are some things that baffle me. The lawn was mowed this week--front and back. Carolsue stuck a note on door last Sunday. It disappeared on Monday. Why put tin foil on the windows after you move out? And, the foil-covered windows were cracked open one day last week.

Probably all could be explained. Maybe Mr. Richards is moving out little by little. Maybe a neighbor mowed the lawn? No offense to Southern hospitality, but this neighborhood doesn't exactly scream "neighborly." Who knows?

I sent Legal Eagle a note saying please garnish. Enjoy yourself. I certainly am. And, I sent Bliz a (hopefully) forlorn text asking her to take care of the utilities. (Thank you Bliz! I see toffee in your future... Consider this a complete bribe.)

In any case, good bye Mr. Richards. Now pay up.

4 comments:

Ernie said...

It is a very odd situation indeed. My bet is on him moving out little by little and the neighbor only caught him doing it once. God knows how many other times (before and since) he has been over there grabbing stuff. I think he put the foil on the windows so no one could peek inside and see how empty it was becoming and he cracked the windows because it got hot in there as he was moving stuff. God me on the yard. My bet is the guy across the street (who was friends of the original owners) was mowing his yard and decided to do that one too for old times sake?? Who knows. At least the yard is mowed. Time to clear it out and move the next guy(s) in!!

Ernie said...

"God me on the yard"??? Uh, huh? Good thing I don't make my living as a typist.

Fiona D. said...

Yet I would so prefer to think he was abducted by space aliens. Please! Let me have my fantasy.

Lori said...

when i see you have a new post up i let out a little "squee" of excitement.

foil = paranoia caused by guilt. i cast my vote that he was coming back for a few more things. hopefully not light fixtures and plumbing.