Monday, July 06, 2009

Round One

Carolsue graciously gave up her Sunday afternoon to hold open the house in Fultondale. A holiday weekend. In the middle of another torrential downpour.

There were only two families that showed to view my lovely home. One of these belonged to Delightful Dawn, who happily turned in her application.

The other day she told me she needed to move NOW and had the money for move-in. I haven't even processed the application and the alarms are already screeching. First, the application is missing a few things--like required references. I need those for when they exit, not when they move in.

More to the point, there seems to be some discrepancy between who she told me would be residing in the property and who she put on the application to move into the home. Apparently it will be her, a smattering children, a husband/boyfriend-type and a person she calls her "mother-in-law" (though there doesn't seem to be a logical connection between the husband/boyfriend-type and the "mother-in-law").

This entire scenario looks like a train wreck in the making. And, the living situation sounds tenuous at best. Two alpha females under one roof? A husband/boyfriend-type person who may or may not have an attachment to Delightful Dawn or the "mother-in-law." And, most importantly, nobody has serious gainful employment. I can see it now, the first minor disaster and I would get an e-mail from one of them saying the dog ate their rent check.

Fortunately, based on my income ratio guidelines, they don't qualify. So, at least I don't have to go through the arduous process of finding an excuse to deny them.

No comments: