Thursday, July 23, 2009

Really, I am Not Making This Up

There is a man in the Birmingham Police Force named--and I am not making this up--Officer Hooie.

I spoke with Officer Hooie on Wednesday morning when I finally got around to filing charges against the 508. Filing felony charges was actually a lot more satisfying than I expected. And, I got to fill him in on all the stuff I can't write about in this blog.

I don't know if the District Attorney's Office really will go after these clowns for vandalism. But I sure felt better. And, Office Hooie now has something to discuss around the water cooler.

2 comments:

Ernie said...

You think he's full of "hooie"?? Wonder how many fights he got into as a kid/teenager?? No wonder he grew up to work in a profession that involves tasers and guns.

Ernie said...

Seriously. They won't do a door to door search for these idiots on these charges. However, should these folks get pulled over for anything or try to get a job (or apartment) that requires a public record check or criminal background check, they're screwed. Also, the subrogation department of your insurance company will be far more vigilant in pursuing them than the police. I see the 508's quitting a couple of jobs a piece before they realize that the subrogation department will find you no matter where you are because they want to be reimbursed! I'd say their future is not bright enough for shades at this point. And for what? Was the satisfaction of tearing up a house worth the hassle they are going to endure for the next however many years it's going to take for them to pay off the subro department and for the paper you filed to die?