Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Up Up and Away

Today was update day for Mr. Partner. I generally wait until I have a whole bunch of stuff to say and then throw in a few minor things on top of the heavy duty stuff and end it with some gobbledy gook about how things are looking up.

And, for the record, things are looking up. I don't think I could handle any other reality right now.

Of course, looking up has nothing to do with landlord issues. We don't have any meth labs. We don't have anyone renting from me the FBI and the IRS are looking for (yes, it has happened). When you manage more than zero rental homes, there are always issues.

Ms. Shirley's dishwasher has been ordered. Mr. 114 was given a handyman list today, including taking the dishwasher out of Ms. Shirley's home and installing the new one later this week. Piece of cake.

Then there is Mr. Richards. He hasn't called me full of excuses or payment plans just yet. Last year he was in the hospital for a period of time. I didn't believe him so he sent me hospital receipts, notes from his doctor and other evidence to assure me he wasn't looking for an out. I have wondered if this was the case this time.

However, the eviction notice is still sitting on the door, suggesting nobody (like his son) is there. So Carolsue theorizes he has a girlfriend. In any case, I have an abandonment clause in my lease. If he doesn't contact me, things will really be looking up.

No comments: