Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Vacant Home

The family that bounced a check to me earlier this month dutifully sent a cashier's check. The wife also sent me a very sweet e-mail. In it she said she keeps "forgetting to pay the rent" so they are moving out at the end of next month.

The green landlord would have written back and said, "Why don't I send you a reminder each month and you can stay." The sage landlord says, "Hate to see you go, good luck."

Because, let's face it, if you are "forgetting" to pay for a place to live, you have bigger issues in your life. I wish I would have figured this one out earlier in my landlording career.

There are a few logistics to her e-mail that I need to address. Such as her move-out date. Such as the fact she is breaking her lease. Such as the fact I don't want her to leave her garbage when she goes and would appreciate if she would clean up on her way out the door. All of these things need to be addressed. But not today. That is tomorrow's task.

No comments: