Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gratitude

A friend is running a 20 day gratitude blog, mentioning each day what she is grateful for. Just for fun, I have been doing this on paper, applying it to my personal life. I decided maybe it was time to look at adding a few gratitude items to my company life. After all, gratitude comes from attitude. Attitude is what drives the rest of the game.

1. The people, past and present, who have supported me in this endeavor and enriched my life.

2. The ability to (hopefully) help and serve others. I am providing a service: a place to live with the potential for my tenants to purchase if they are in a position to do so. Even if they do not, it at least gives them a chance to explore the idea and see if home ownership is for them.

3. A business plan. It is my road map. Sometimes I forget where I am going and all I have to do is dust off the business plan and say "oh yes... we bought a few homes. Now why did we do that?"

4. Tenants who move out because their situation is no longer conducive to where they live. I am grateful for those folks. They tell it like it is and generally don't leave too much of a mess. Most of the time their homes are easier to clean and get re-rented.

5. A business partner who understands property management is work. And, that would be work he doesn't have to do. It makes things easier knowing we aren't going to go head to head over the minor things. And the ability to learn and grow from Mr. Partner's experience because he has been doing this much longer than I. His input is valued.

1 comment:

BusyMommy said...

Don't worry, be happy is not always the worst motto to adopt...