Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hello and Welcome to My Therapy

Although I have no proof, I have a very strong suspicion one of my tenants found my blog. Even with pseudonyms, there is a very good chance I have been outed. After all, how many of us are out there who have similar circumstances to mine?

Yea, there are other landlords. Yea, there are other landlords who live remotely and manage properties, but for whatever reason the uniquely weird seems to go my way. And, if I didn't look at what was going on as unusual and weird, then I would probably look at is as downright freaky at times. So, my interpretation of "weird" is like thinking the glass is half-full.

My new readers who may--or maybe not--have found me have had a mention in here a time or two, but not because they caused me grief. And no, it isn't Ms. Betty (if it was, maybe the phone would stop ringing as much). The person who found me is one of the low maintenance folks peacefully existing in their own little patch of Bama.

When I first figured this out, I was having one of those internal awkward moments about acknowledging the whole thing. "Um... hello. Yep, Good to see you... Um... Goodbye." In a moment of embarrassed panic it occurred to me to cancel this blog, but that seems so drastic. Now that the initial shock has worn off, I decided I was here first. This is MY therapy. I write to keep my sanity.

What I write about is true. Even if at times I wish it wasn't. So, if you have found me out, hello and enjoy the glimpse into my world.

6 comments:

Ernie said...

Bad news is, maybe you have been outed. Good new is, maybe she will read your posts and decide that continuing to be a good tenant is the best course of action. Either way, I'm sure she was just as amused and at the same time flabbergasted as we (being your other readers) are by some of the stuff that goes on in your world as a landlord. It's good stuff no matter who reads it. And by the way, Ms. Betty wouldn't be reading your blog - it doesn't have pictures and some of the words contain more than 4 letters.

Fiona D. said...

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by the readers of my blog do not reflect those of the writer.

Geez Carolsue!

Ernie said...

Now you outed ME! Geez Fiona!

Fiona D. said...

Um... I hate to break it to you, but I am pretty sure you outed yourself a LONG time ago.

Ernie said...

Oh yeah.

Lori said...

whatever you do, don't quit blogging! i'll follow you to a new, more secret blog. we can call it .. the bat cave. no .. the landlord cave. something.