Monday, April 13, 2009

My True Enemy

Kryptonite is to Superman what paper is to me. Paper makes me incapacitated, paralyzed, unable to regain my senses. Bliz--who knows this--blitzes me with papers to file on a monthly basis. Yes, I know it is her job to look at the papers I send her, pay the bills and then send it to me to file. But come on! Isn't there some sort of unrealistic environmental movement to become a paperless society?

At this point, I think it is fair to say, I am doing my level best to ensure I won't be weakened by my kryptonite. Just like Superman, I am avoiding.

Many years ago, I hired a file clerk. A sweet young woman with a heart of gold who taught me filing is not an inherently obvious skill. After some degree of coaching, I gave up. She just didn't get it.

Because Marty is now working in an office and I am starting to sell real estate more, I have hired a local homeschooled teenager to come over and help me with the kids a couple afternoons a week. The other day while she was over and the kids were preoccupied, I asked her if she would be interested in trying her hand at filing.

The dear girl actually caught on very quickly. And she liked it! With any luck I may have found a part time file clerk who can withstand the power of my arch nemesis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing because another package is on its way! :) Bliz