Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our Little Secret

Pst... Don't tell.

I know Mrs. Spring is all weirded out that I will garnish her wages because she is breaking the lease. But--and you have to promise me you won't tell her--she left two months early, and paid me anyway. And, I have the security deposit. The Alabama courts will only let me go after the remaining rent, less the security deposit. So, essentially, I would have to hire Legal Eagle to file court papers, get a judgement against her and then collect one month's rent.

I would spend more in court fees than what I would return. And, that would be before Legal Eagle took her cut in the garnishment.

And, though this is doable. It isn't feasible to garnish Mrs. Spring.

I never sue on principal. But, Mrs. Spring doesn't need to know this. Right now she is offering me everything, including the kitchen dishwasher. All I want for that home is a tenant who will stay and NOT DRIVE ME CRAZY.

Ok, don't tell.

No comments: