Sunday, September 05, 2010

I Wasn't Bluffing, But I Can't Speak for Carolsue

Carolsue has told me more than once Mrs. Spring is afraid of me. According to Carolsue, I seem to have that "businesslike/landlord vibe" going for me, which intimidates Mrs. Spring. The truth is, I am pretty much a pushover unless someone takes advantage. Then my "businesslike/landlord vibe" turns into "full-throttle bitch." And, in Mrs. Spring's case, my full-throttle mode, happens to include a generous smattering of multi-syllable words to scare her even more.

It appears Mrs. Spring took my threat seriously. That was very wise of her, as I wasn't really threatening. I was pretty darn serious. And amazingly, if Mrs. Spring had approached her situation many different ways--the main one being not to threaten to hold my home hostage for two months and suggest her security deposit would cover one of those months--I might have been more accommodating.

Anyway, Mrs. Spring opted to pay her August rent. She has also cheerfully opted to pay September's rent. I am also guessing she consulted an attorney to see if I really could do everything I told her I would do if she skipped without paying a cent for September (I can).

Because, once the dust settled and she and I had a meeting of the minds, I got a second e-mail from Mrs. Spring offering to give me the dishwasher she brought to the home (the old one was "stolen" by Ms. Betty--). Additionally, she is allowing a potential representative of mine to show the house, in hopes of me finding a future tenant as soon as possible. And, just to make sure we are all friends, she offered to post my home for rent on Facebook.

Oh yea! Mrs. Spring also tells me she is willing "giving" me my security deposit too. But, I think she might be a bit confused about that. It is mine once she breaks the lease. It isn't a gift. And, if she stayed one extra month, she would have had it back. Go figure?

Mrs. Spring's generosity on Thursday came with more drama than can fit into this tiny corner of cyberspace (hence my theory of her legal consultation to see if I could garnish wages). I heard Carolsue might have possibly threatened bodily harm. If that's the case, I would vainly like to believe Mrs. Spring didn't remember that particular ditty. Sadly, I am not kidding.

And, while we are on the topic of Carolsue, I would like to send a huge shout out to her for straightening out Mrs. Spring's logic and defending my interests. (Mrs. Spring cried apparently.) Thank you sweetie. I am sorry I couldn't have been a ghost in the room for that one. But please, no more threats of bodily harm--even if they might deserve it. I am counting. That's two tenants in the past year.

4 comments:

CarolSue said...

BOTH tenants fully deserved it. (sound like a 4 year old don't I? "she started it!" LOL)

Just so your readers understand, I am not Guido the knee breaker. I am a sweet & very nice person. However, I don't like to be lied to OR about & if a person is bold enough to try that, then they need to be bold enough to face my wrath. Which, I might add neither tenant was fully capable of doing without tears apparently.

It did NOT make me feel better or exalted to have to reduce them to tears. I actually hated doing it. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. It was just a necessary response to THEIR words/actions.

CarolSue said...

BOTH tenants fully deserved it. (sound like a 4 year old don't I? "she started it!" LOL)

Just so your readers understand, I am not Guido the knee breaker. I am a sweet & very nice person. However, I don't like to be lied to OR about & if a person is bold enough to try that, then they need to be bold enough to face my wrath. Which, I might add neither tenant was fully capable of doing without tears apparently.

It did NOT make me feel better or exalted to have to reduce them to tears. I actually hated doing it. It left a very bad taste in my mouth. It was just a necessary response to THEIR words/actions.

Fiona D. said...

Because I know you read this, I wouldn't have posted it if I thought you were in the wrong. If Mrs. Spring cried because of your little chat or her guilt, that's for Mrs. Spring to decide. I really appreciate you straightening her out. I have gotten about three e-mails since we last talked from her, making sure I understand she and I are on the same page.

I have to tell you, even if you aren't Guido (and I am laughing trying to imagine someone shorter than I as "Guido"), you would still scare the hell out of me if I had to incur your wrath.

CarolSue said...

I know you didn't mean it in a bad way. (either because you know I follow your blog or just cause you love me - jury's still out on that. LOL) But I wanted to make sure that your followers knew that I'm not this bully trailer park woman who picks on weaker folks cause I haven't been a bully since my sorority days. I love ya!!