Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Now, If I Could Just Accurately Pick Stocks

In my defense, I wrote yesterday's post on Sunday night. I had no idea what was coming Monday.

Actually, I had every idea what was coming Monday. My BS meter was spinning wildly out of control. It was only a matter of time.

I got the following e-mail from Kirby on Monday afternoon:
The tenants left me a message this morning that they have got an apartment next to Waterford and they would like to move ASAP and get their deposit back. They are really frustrated with the A/C problems.
Ya... I thought as much.

Tuesday Kirby went over to check out the dastardly air conditioner. He took my newly found AC company with them. The fix cost $79. Kirby also said there was no mold anywhere, and the spot in question the air conditioner made was minimal. Kirby also mentioned there are a few overdue bills tacked to the refrigerator. That might explain a part of their personality. Money is tight, so take it out on the landlord.

What I find amazing is that the Whinys kept telling Kirby the rent was too high. They wanted a reduction. They said there were several homes (which they insinuated were much nicer than mine) in the neighborhood with rents at least $100 to $200 less per month. Instead, they are moving to an apartment for $100 less per month.

I have already put Kirby on alert that I expect October's rent to be covered. So it will either be by the security deposit, or they will cough it up and honor their lease.

If I were a betting woman, I am guessing it will be the security deposit--but I pretty guessed that two weeks ago when they said they wanted to use it for October's rent.

No comments: