Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Term "Profiling" is So Over-Rated

So, Saturday night I got an e-mail from a guy wanting more information about my craig'slist post. He had an interest in the house in Leeds. His note was polite, articulate and he said he had left a message with Kirby.

I e-mailed him back, explaining I was only the owner, Kirby was handling the showings.

A few minutes later, I received another ultra-polite response. No problem. He would await Kirby's call.

I forwarded the e-mails to Kirby, pointing out, our potential tenant was articulate, mastered the basics of common courtesy and could communicate in complete sentences. My directive to Kirby: if he was half as wonderful in real life, get him to rent out the place in Leeds.

Then I checked Facebook. The picture is a guy, missing a shirt. He is covered with tattoos, drinking a beer.

He will fit in that neighborhood perfectly.

1 comment:

CarolSue said...

He sounds as if he will be more than capable of controlling the pesky neighbors across the street and very well may annoy the stew out of them. PLEASE let him belong to a biker club and have loud motorcycles and beer bar-b-ques in his yard every weekend!! That would just be awesome! I just can't imagine neighbors who deserve it more.