Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ok, I Really Need to Complain

MRS. SPRING IS DRIVING ME BONKERS!

Thank you.

So, last month Mrs. Spring allegedly sent the rent, but I didn't get the money. I have it now. She paid late fees. I had forgotten about it about an hour after I received the check.

Moving on, last week Mrs. Spring sent me a check certified mail. After I asked her not to.

In all fairness to Mrs. Spring, I didn't explain how annoying it is to stand in line at our post office. I didn't explain about the militant civil servant who abuses every patron. And, if you don't take her guff, you don't get your mail. She exists. She is nasty. Even Marty cringes when he ends up in her line. And he is the martial arts master.

So, as of Wednesday, Marty hadn't made it to the PO Box. No problem. I knew he would go later in the week, as there are bound to be rent checks. Including Mrs. Spring's.

Mrs. Spring e-mailed me on Wednesday asking if I had gotten her check. I took this to mean, do I physically have her check being held on my refrigerator by a happy face magnet, waiting for me to fill out a deposit slip. So, I answered, "no. I am sure I will get it tomorrow." I didn't think about her *!&%?$&%^ certified mail. I just thought about the actual money.

So, let the drama begin.

I should also preface by saying Wednesday was a very busy day for me. I didn't spend much time by a computer. I did spend some time out in the middle of the desert waiting for a buyer while a giant dog with enormous fangs was salivating inside, daring me to come in and show these unsuspecting folks his house. I also spend the day being treated poorly by a buyer who is buying a $25,000 condo. I have to tell you, Mrs. Spring wasn't high on my list of priorities.

I got home at 9:30 p.m. to several e-mails from her. Each one getting more and more snippy. The first gave the tracking number for her certified mail. The last one demanding to know why, since they decided to move, I won't take their checks. The ones in between were variations of the theme.

Note to Mrs. Spring: I am happy to take your checks. I didn't know you were moving when you "sent" the August check. I'm just saying.

It also turns out she left--what Marty warned me--is a 10 minute message on my Alabama cell phone reiterating everything in her e-mails and wanting someone in management to call her back. I still haven't listened to it.

I would like to point out: it is my voice on the voice mail. I own the company. I am the boss. But, I think I will appoint Buckaroo the customer service manager. He can tell incoherent knock-knock jokes to her when she calls back demanding answers to her questions.

I just don't have the energy to respond to Mrs. Spring. I am sure the money is sitting in the PO Box. I am sure Marty will get to it later.

And, I am sure happy she is moving.

No comments: