Wednesday, September 22, 2010

There's a Tear In My Beer

This is the e-mail I received from Ms. Kathy last Friday, explaining why rent is late. Of course, she waited until Carolsue made her cry before she managed to write to me.

If you insert a guitar, a fiddle and a mournful soprano voice, you have yourself a country music hit.

Hey. I'm sorry for not getting in touch with you sooner. I know you are tired of hearing this but my I don't have my rent money right now. My sister and I bailed my brother out of jail and his old power bill was added to mine. I called my dad. He doesn't have any money. He said he will call me if something changes. I found out about 3 weeks ago that my boyfriend of over two years has been having an affair with his ex wife and my head has been in a fog. My bills really suffered. I can pay two months rent again in October. I will get paid on the 1st but my son is having surgery that day. I will try to mail it that day if possible but it may be the 2nd before I can mail it. Please let me know how that sounds to you.


I've got to ask, why couldn't her brother just stay in jail?

2 comments:

CarolSue said...

They couldn't just leave him in jail! After all it was an accident! He accidentally got drunk and accidentally drove his car and then he accidentally got caught. LOL

Fiona D. said...

She accidently didn't mention that part.

That was the entire e-mail.