Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Move-In Special That Wasn't

My move-in special advertisement lasted a whole five days.

Essentially, I was offering September's rent for an 18 month lease. Though, I would have been just as happy to make it a 12 month lease if anyone would have thought enough to balk. But, now that I am in September, it doesn't really make too much sense to offer September's rent free under the circumstances.

So, this time I really, really bit the bullet. I lowered the rent another $100--just like Kirby told me to weeks ago. It killed me. I have always rented this home out for my price--$200 more. This feels like I'm giving the house away. Which, I pretty much am.

With a property management fee, I now don't break even. But paying the insurance out of my pocket is cheaper than this house sitting vacant another two months. So, that's what I am going to do.

Now to find a renter.

Hopefully. Probably. Definitely.

No comments: