Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Rainbow Maker

Have I mentioned my guy Marty Sunshine? He is the love of my life, the father of my children and my best friend. What more could a girl ask for?

This past week, Marty's company announced layoffs and Marty ended up as the receipent of a pretty pink piece of paper. He has been given a few weeks to find a job within his company before all bets are off.

In his usual Marty Sunshine way, he is handling this as an opportunity. So what if there are rain clouds? That will just make a stunning rainbow when the storm passes! Yep, that's my guy.

One might argue this isn't really a posting about a day in the life of an accidental business. However, when you are self employed, own a gazillion rental properties and are slightly under-capitalized this post could very well fit the bill for my theme. I promise.

As for me, I am frantically searching the sky for the storm clouds to pass.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Marty Sunshine's troubles, but I know you will all pass through this storm. We're here for you too. I happen to know a few babysitters that work for brownies.

BusyMommy said...

I'm sorry. I will be praying for your family.

Lori said...

gah. sorry this is happening. sending you good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Marty Sunshine is beyond a doubt the brightest bulb in the box and I can assure you, he will not lounge around the pool for very long at all.