Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Medication is Kicking In

I have a family member who bites the heads off of people when she doesn't get her way. A few weeks ago she asked if we could pick her up at the airport. Her flight would be getting in at midnight. Given her circumstances, I suggested she change her flight. That's when she went ballistic. Because of her behavior, she had to find a different ride.

Ms. Betty is similar to this. This past week, I have been bombarded with unusual e-mails from her with varying levels of caustic. The ones with lye are easier to read than the ones peppered with sulfuric acid. None are acceptable.

Her latest e-mail to me was coated with sugar. She is back to not calling me by my first name, but politely referring to me as Ms. Landlord. She mentioned she was sorry to cause me worry (whatever that means). The way I have been handling her is just to stick with the facts and answer her questions. when was her check cashed? What bank cashed it?

I am not conversing with her or getting sucked into her weirdness. I have successfully suppressed the overwhelming urge to tell her to jump in the lake. My e-mails are brief and factual. I am putting all of the drama in here for you to hear about.

No comments: