Friday, February 20, 2009

A Few Morsels

Easy as Pie

A while back, Mrs. Sherwood told me she needed an oven. I have since put her on a quest to find a range, report back to me the cost and I will cut her a check. Essentially, I the landlord, will pay for it. Just don't make me find it.

Mrs. Sherwood called today. I asked her about her oven search. She laughed and told me she was quite happy. Because of the lack of oven, she didn't have to host Thanksgiving and Christmas this past year. She isn't having to host Easter either. In fact, her husband has taken over the cooking. And, as far as she is concerned this is the best thing that has ever happened.

Sweet as Honey

One of my better tenants (whom I have never personally met) gave me a three month notice today. He needs to move when his lease is up. He asked if I had any homes available near where he wants to live because I "rock as a landlord." Sadly, I can't help him.

The Icing on the Cake

Ms. Batty, er... oops! that would be Ms. Betty, sent me an ultra-polite e-mail today announcing she and Mr. Betty wanted to buy my home. How much did I want for it? Though I am very happy to make an exception here, I usually insist on making my tenants rent to me for at least a year before I will sell to them. However I must tell you, if there was a way to get her out of my life, I would be happy to have them buy from me now. Unfortunately, last I checked (which was in late October 2008) these folks weren't going to be buying qualifying for a mortgage for a VERY long time.

Sigh... That's the way the cookie crumbles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty just lives in her own little fantasy world doesn't she?? Makes my head hurt.

Fiona D. said...

Yes she does, bless her heart.