Saturday, July 23, 2016

They Really Should Hire an Armadillo

In typical Alabama fashion, I am getting the runaround. Today's joy is from Luigi's property management company.

I should preface this by saying, when I proclaim Luigi's property management company is one of the best I have found in Birmingham, it isn't high praise. It is more like frustrated resignation. I work for a property management company. Up until 2012 I owned a property management company. Even if you took Luigi's best practices, they aren't nearly as good as having a attention deficit armadillo run the whole thing.

Last month, in anticipation for the LLC dissolution, I reached out to Luigi and Joe the accountant in his office. I explained this was happening. The rents for these homes go here. The rents for those homes go there. Send the corresponding statements to the right individuals. God speed.

I am pleased to say in June, the guy running the accounting department got it right. Frankly, it wasn't terribly difficult. I happen to know what software they are using. Even I can handle it--that's how simple it is.

However, there seems to have been some regression. For whatever reason, this month, the homes are once again mashed together in one report, and it was sent to me. I have't seen any of the rent money, but Mr. Ex-Partner will go to the ends of the universe to exact his revenge if one extra penny is given to me if it belongs in his account.

Last night, when I discovered this, I sent an e-mail to all the parties involved, reminding them of our changes and how they did manage this correctly last month, so why stop that level of excellence now? I also inquired about two homes that were taken out of management that are showing existing charges. Why? Why is this going on?

In Luigi's company's fashion, instead of just owning the mistakes, I have received lots of vague excuses instead. Which, at this point, does nothing to up my opinion of them. My last communication with Luigi was simply, "FIX IT." Hopefully that sums up my sentiment.

No comments: