Tuesday, July 05, 2016

I Don't Believe He Was Really Thankful

It appears Mrs. Sherwood is looking to sue someone. And, as I no longer own, nor manage Mrs. Sherwood's home, I am pretty sure I am mostly in the clear. But, before I go on, I am thisclose to taking back all of the nice things I have ever said about her. This whole issue seems scripted and doesn't pass my smell test.

You see, Mrs. Sherwood is claiming her home had an issue that is causing her health to decline. As soon as she brought the issue to us, we took care of it in a timely manner. Today I got a text message--actually it was a screen capture of a text message, making me think she is documenting--saying, "I have gone to the doctor and they seem to think..." and a bunch of other bunk (though I don't wish her any ill health).

What I happen to think is some lawyer somewhere sent out a pamphlet saying "How to sue a landlord," and this particular issue was in it. Essentially, every move she has made for the past several weeks regarding this issue seems to be from some playbook.  However, I believe she will have a hard time pinning this on her landlord. First, we acknowledged the problem right away and remedied it in a timely fashion. Second, it would be extremely difficult to prove her health wasn't in "jeopardy" prior to this issue coming to our attention. And third, as the saying goes, you can't get blood out of a turnip.

Because I thought this issue was resolved last month, I didn't bother to tell Mr. Ex-Partner in any great detail, other than to update him at the time it was resolved. However, after the screen capture of the text today, I felt compelled to call him and give him the nitty=gritty. He is on the same page as me: Prove negligence. At the end of our call, he said, "Thanks. I think."

He will probably be thinking about thanking me a lot in the next few months.

2 comments:

Ernie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona D. said...

Nothing to see here... move along please... Thank you Ernie for your insightful and creative suggestions.