Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Say Anything

If you asked me last week, I would have said I half expected Mr. Ex-Partner to be under my window, holding a boom box, blasting a Peter Gabriel song. Every day, I would get either a cc'd e-mail from him to one of the tenants, or a note to me with some sort of tid-bit I did not need to know. For example, he wrote me last week to inform me he paid his bills. I read the e-mail twice, wondering if this was just general information or if he wanted a pat on the back. The remainders of his e-mails were veiled complaints about how much "work" running an accidental business happens to be and how "difficult."

Fortunately my level of apathy is running high and I just didn't have anything useful to say, so I didn't. As I have done this for years, with no mentorship and no guidance and had to figure everything out on my own, I have little sympathy for him.

Somehow I managed to channel my lack of concern because it appears Mr. Ex-Partner has changed his tune. Yesterday, in a move that did more to annoy me than anything else, he wrote Bliz and cc'd me, saying he no longer needed her services, so hurry up and finish the books. Other than the fact he blew off Bliz (I got your back, Sis), he told her the reason he did this was because he has taken on too much debt. It is lucky for him I live across town because I became unglued. Seriously, "too much debt?" Where has he been?

Mr. Ex-Partner also wrote me personally saying he would be using his own accountant from now on and Diamond Jim was no longer going to be employed. Again, I am not sure why I needed this nugget, but that works for me. I am sure Diamond Jim (who referred to him only as "Mr. Manners") will be doing cartwheels when he gets the news.

I think at this point, what I would like to help Mr. Ex-Partner do is set up his own blog. He may need it.


No comments: